If you open the NoLimitcoin Wallet and see the following error:
Error loading blkindex.dat
or if your wallet gets stuck syncing or it is crashing with another error
This usually means the blockchain files may have corrupted for your wallet or there was an issue when updating the wallet. No need to stress your coins are still safe.
We just need to make a backup of your wallet.dat file and re-download all the blockchain files again using your existing wallet.dat file.
Please follow these Steps.
1. Close the NoLimitCoin Wallet.
2. Find Your Wallet Files Folder
if you are on Windows you find your wallet files here
Replace "username" with your windows username
If you cannot see the AppData or Roaming folder make sure you enable show hidden folders.
View how to do that here:
If you are on a mac the wallet files are located here:
Library > Application Support > NoLimitCoin2
open "Finder" and in the Finder menu on top left of desktop, click on "Go"
you will see a drop down menu, now press the "option" key, this will expose the hidden "Library"
3. Backup your wallet.dat file - copy it to a separate USB drive and somewhere on your computer.
This file has all your NLC2 on it so please backup this file properly.
4. Select all the Files in your NoLimitCoin2 Folder EXCEPT wallet.dat
5. Delete all the files selected. so nothing is left except your wallet.dat.
6. Install the latest version of the NoLimitCoin wallet v184.108.40.206 from here and Open the wallet
(if you already installed the latest version, just open the wallet)
The wallet will recreate all the files it needs and start to download the blockchain again. As your wallet.dat file is still there it will not create a new wallet file and it will load in your coins.
7. Wait a few hours for the blockchain to sync and download again. Your coins will show up again once the wallet has finished syncing.